Discretionary Investment Management is the core of Omba’s business. We work with High Net Worth and Family Offices to create and implement bespoke ETF portfolios and can work with a range of client banks and custodians.
We are humble with respect to our discretionary investment approach and acknowledge that adding “alpha” consistently over a long time frame is an extremely difficult task, for this reason, we use low cost Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) to keep the fees clients pay down. We manage well diversified portfolios which allocate to global assets with a view that keeping diverse currency exposure over long periods of time provides additional diversification benefits. Our investment process tactically shifts clients into and out of regions, countries or sectors which we think offer better or less value at a particular moment in the investment cycle. We do not try and invest directly in the next “hot” theme as we believe the risk of being wrong outweighs the potential upside.
Our portfolios are all “liquid” and we predominantly cater to clients with long investment horizons.
Many of our clients look to us not only for our investment management capabilities but also for our independent advisory service.
Taking an holistic approach, we:
- Act as a principle trusted advisor, managing professional relationships so our clients have one counterparty rather than many. Through our portfolio oversight we aggregate positions across all our clients’ managers for a comprehensive portfolio and risk assessment;
- Help design bespoke, strategic investment strategies which meet the exact needs of each unique client;
- Provide in-depth analysis & continual reviews of client portfolios, including asset allocation, implementation and liabilities, while also highlighting potential opportunities;
- Deconstruct investment products to give a full commentary and rationale on the merits or otherwise of that product and compare the to similar products across the industry;
- Provide advice on hedging and structuring solutions that help clients manage a broad spectrum of risks by combining our understanding of a client’s objectives with our strong derivatives expertise;
- Advise on commercial, property and other investment opportunities the client or Family Office may be investigating;
- Providing industry-leading advice and through our networks access to a range of financial services capabilities across the investment and banking industry.
Omba operate as the Investment Manager to a number of UCITS subfunds under the Omba Investments ICAV and Prescient Global funds ICAV.
With three segregated sub-funds following 100% Equity, Moderate, and Thematic strategies, the Omba Investments ICAV promises to provide a compelling proposition to investors across a range of markets, seeking to generate capital appreciation over the medium to long term. Uniquely, we cap Total Expense Ratios so that investors always know what they are paying and costs don’t fluctuate.
Omba have partnered with Multrees Investor Services Limited to provide both UK onshore and offshore custody solutions and related services to our clients.
Multrees is a leader in investment administration, technology, and custody and provides Omba custody and white labelled platform and client reporting solutions to our Family Office, Ultra High Net Worth and retail clients.
Commenting on the 2021 press release:
David Pierson, Omba Chief Operating Officer said: “Following a detailed RFP process of the platform market Omba selected Multrees due to their suitability of booking locations, their partnership with world class sub custodian networks and a modern technology platform solution. The open architecture of their platform will allow us to achieve operational efficiencies through straight through trade processing and centralise custody to continue to achieve cost savings for our current and future clients”
Clive Stelfox Multrees Executive Director said: “We are delighted to have been selected as strategic partners for Omba. As ETF specialists managing money for family offices and high net worth clients, Omba have grown significantly as the demand for cost effective ETF investment solutions continues to expand in the UK and across Europe. Following a rigorous selection process we are proud to have been selected for our award winning, flexible and technology enabled solution, further cementing our position as a key player in the global custody market.”
Through our partnership with Mercury, a trusted global currency specialist, we are able to offer clients the ability to send and receive currency internationally at bank-beating exchange rates.
Mercury FX was founded in 2007 to offer a wide variety of clients, from high-volume corporations to individuals, a faster, more efficient and cost-saving currency service. The high street banks are notoriously difficult, slow and expensive when it comes to handling currency receipts and payments. That’s a direct cost to companies and consumers.
Highly-competitive, transparent exchange rates with fast, secure international payments and great personal service is what Mercury FX is all about.
With offices in London, Hong Kong and Cape Town they have global coverage, multi-lingual staff and access to over fifty currencies.