Omba Advisory & Investments Limited advises and manages money for Family Offices and High Net Worth (HNW) clients. We have built our business to be client focussed, non-bureaucratic and technologically astute.
We are a small, nimble team which stem from large organisations from a financial services and technology background. We cater to clients from all over the world but base ourselves in London as we believe being in one of the financial capitals of the world provides access to people, service providers and information of the highest calibre.
We are humble with respect to our investment approach and acknowledge that adding “alpha” consistently over a long time-frame is an extremely difficult task. For this reason, we use low cost Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) to keep the fees clients pay down.
We manage well diversified portfolios which allocate to global assets with a view that keeping diverse currency exposure over long periods of time provides additional diversification benefits. Our investment process tactically shifts clients into and out of regions, countries or sectors which we think offer better or less value at a particular moment in the investment cycle. We do not try and invest directly in the next “hot” theme as we believe the risk of being wrong outweighs the potential upside.
Our portfolios are all “liquid” and we do not lock client funds into investments from which they are unable to withdraw funds. We do however cater to clients who have long investment horizons. An inevitable concomitant of owning equities is the fact that they are volatile and equity markets can experience periods of loss.
The Directors of the business align their interests with clients by investing a significant portion of their own money in Omba investment strategies.
- Our clients appreciate our Business Values first and foremost.
- They like our robust investment process.
- They love that we are transparent and honest.
- We manage their expectations and explain risk clearly.
- We are ETF specialists and provide an excellent solution for people who are looking to move from active to passive investing.
- We are independent with respect to which ETF provider to use and are not tied to any firm.
- We are not traders, we are not punters and we don’t sell product – we provide a Separately Managed Account service to our clients, investing their money into a global portfolio of low cost, high quality ETFs – simple as that.
- Our clients understand our simple and low fee with no conflicts between our investment process and the revenue we earn.
- We forge close relationships with our clients and maintain ongoing dialogue relating to their investment needs. i.e. not just providing an upfront solution without subsequent interactions.
There are many people in the investment industry who purport to generate outsized returns but in fact don’t do so, or don’t do so consistently or they take concentrated risk and get lucky, claiming skill.
Additionally, some “financial advisors” in the industry are salespeople, not always sufficiently competent, experienced or trained to give advice, recommend products or investment solutions to clients. Furthermore, because, the sales incentives in the financial services industry are high, this can cause a conflict between charging clients high(er) fees to serve oneself either directly, or indirectly by serving one’s employer. The result being that objective advice, or the best investment solution, for their clients’ long-term goals is not always achieved.
On top of this there are swathes of firms in the industry who all use the same academic theories and literature freely available to investors to build well structured diverse portfolios. They market these portfolios with all sorts of “bells and whistles” to make investors feel like they should be paying the often very high fees, when in fact the intellectual capital is easily accessible and available to investors.
ETF BENEFITS AND CONSIDERATIONS
Can be Tax Efficient
Liquidity of ETF
Liquidity of Market
Accumulation or Distribution share class